The 2016 CHET Dream Big! Competition, sponsored by the State of Connecticut Treasurer's Office, TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc. and CHET, is a drawing and essay competition. Parents of Connecticut K-8 students enter their children and children express themselves creatively with a chance to win prizes.
To encourage families to start thinking
about how higher education may
help their children realize their
dreams and make a difference
in the world, and to promote the
importance of saving for college
early through a CHET direct-sold account.
Parents enter Connecticut students in grades K-8
(or equivalent, if homeschooled).
The competition will run from January 25 through March 30, 2016. (All drawing and essay entries must be
postmarked by March 30 and received by April 5, 2015, sent to: CHET Dream Big! Competition, c/o Cronin and Company, 50 Nye Road, Glastonbury, CT 06033.)
Entries should be submitted in the
DRAWING: Grades K-3: An
original drawing, illustrating,
"What do I want to do after I go to
ESSAY: Grades 4-8: An original
essay responding to the question,
"How will I change the world after I
go to college?"
Entries must include: 1) a completed Official Entry Form; 2)
original work stapled to the form itself on a similarly sized (8.5" x 11") piece of
paper; and, 3) signature by parents or legal guardians with all
sections completed. Entries will not be returned.
Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by March 30 and received by April 5, 2016.
- 4 $1,000 GRAND PRIZES: A maximum of four winners Statewide will receive a $1,000 contribution to a CHET account. One winner will be selected from each of the following grade categories: K-1, 2-3, 4-5 and 6-8.
- 44 $500 PRIZES: winners will be selected as follows:
- 8 winners from Connecticut’s Review and Turnaround schools. One boy and one girl from each grade category: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, and 6-8.
- 2 winners from all other schools across the state. One child from each County, in each grade category K-1, 2-3, 4-5, and 6-8.
- 4 Judges/Sponsors picks, one child in each grade category K-1, 2-3, 4-5, and 6-8.
The school in each county that submits the greatest number of completed student entries will be awarded $500.
A panel of artists, writers and representatives from TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc. and the Connecticut Treasurer's Office will select the 84 statewide and County winners.
All of the winners will have their name, grade, county, school and winning work displayed on
www.chetdreambig.com and will
be invited to an award
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
If you have questions about the CHET Dream Big!
Competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.